Monday, August 13, 2012

28 Week Update / 3D Ultrasound- Round 1

Overall, it's been pretty smooth sailing but I feel like things changed around week 26 and all of a sudden it was like I was carrying a bowling ball around. This week was a rough one. Gianna found my sciatic nerve and decided no matter what position I was in that was where she wanted to be. Monday through Wednesday were really hard and most of the discomfort was in the evening after I'd get home from work. She has been low and sitting at work all day makes my belly really sore. I get up often but I need to make more of an effort to get up and move around even more. By the end of the day I couldn't sit or lay down and just needed to stand and keep moving. I spoke to the nurse and she recommended a maternity belt. We went to Babies R Us over the weekend and got one. The first night I used it there was a big difference. I slept in it and it was so much easier to roll over and my back didn't hurt when I got up. I wore it the next day and noticed a difference, too. Last night though I couldn't fall asleep or get comfortable even with it on and was up until almost 3am. :/

Also, we found out I failed my glucose test so I'll need to go and have the three hour test this week. In addition, my hemoglobin was low so I'm now on an iron supplement. I am not looking forward to either of these things but hopefully I will pass the three hour test and won't have gestational diabetes. If I do have it, we'll work through it and make sure everything is good in there for Gianna. 

We went for our 3D/4D ultrasound and I was really looking forward to it. It's amazing how much detail you can see. We went to Miracle in Progress, which is the same private ultrasound place that did our gender check at 15 weeks. I love this place because it is comfortable and you can bring friends and family with you. We invited my mom, brother, Linda and Marco to come along. Unfortunately, Gianna was breech and most of the time she had her arm, foot or leg up covering half or more of her face. We did find out that she has some hair though!! How cool is that! I had no idea you could see hair in an ultrasound. We are going back in two weeks for a rescan and at our doctors appointment next week we'll see if she is still breech or if there are any tricks to getting her to flip. :)

So excited she has some hair!
Some neat profile pics. She was sucking her thumb :)
In other news, the rest of our special order items (toddler rails, glider and ottoman) came in. I was most excited about the glider and ottoman! We picked them up and Marco put them together. I love this thing! I am keeping it in our family room so I can rock in it and watch TV. Once the nursery is done we'll move it upstairs but I'll enjoy breaking it in in the mean time. Now we just need the wood from Brazil which is apparently on time for delivery the week of the 20th.


How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain: About 23lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Gianna has found my sciatic nerve and has made it her new favorite spot so this past week has not been good for sleep. Pretty crappy, actually.
Best moment of the week: Our 3D/4D ultrasound even though she didn't cooperate. :) 
Miss anything: Nothing specific.
Movement: It's so funny how her movements have changed as she's gotten bigger. Feeling her in there is my favorite thing in the world! I can feel her lower in my pelvis now, too.
Food cravings: Nothing this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: The sciatic nerve pain isn't very fun but it's the 'inside kicking' that makes me feel kind of sicky.
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: Lower back pain, heavy belly, overall uncomfortableness.
Belly button in or out: Still considered an innie.
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: Nope
Happy or moody most of the time: Happier this week but it was a tough one with not a lot of sleep.
Looking forward to: Maternity photo session, our tour of Summerlin Hospital, and the arrival of the wood from Brazil. I can't believe 30 weeks is almost around the corner already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com