Monday, August 18, 2014

Baby #2: 12 Week Update and Our Staycation

Well, I posted it on Facebook, so that must mean it's really happening! LOL! We shared the news this week and the amount of well wishes and happiness was overwhelming. We really have the best people in our lives. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and messages about our new little one!

I knew I wanted Gianna to be the one announcing this to the world. She is going to be such a great big sister. I found a cute print online (Only Child: Expiring February 2015) but wanted to have the sonogram picture and her in her Big Sis shirt, too. After doing some thinking, I thought it would be best if the printouts were in frames so she wouldn't rip them.

This week I went for the blood work for the first trimester genetic screening. I didn't do this with Gianna because my nurse practitioner messed up the dates and we missed the window. In addition, my high risk doc wanted me checked for a few other things. Little did I know it required SEVENTEEN vials of blood! Say what?! I went during work because there is a Quest Diagnostics down the street. I took a picture to commemorate losing that much blood on purpose. :)

  

We also had a wonderful staycation at the Westin at Lake Las Vegas. We absolutely love going there. It's like getting out of the city and away from it all without being too far away. We lived at the pool for three days and Gianna loved the cabana we rented. She had a blast!  

The beautiful view from our balcony
Hamming it up!
She loves to brush her teeth (thank goodness!)


Lounging under the "umbella" coloring and reading with daddy

Our "home base" the first day. It was nice in the shade.
The "beach". G walked through the sand and went in to the water. Last time she didn't like the sand. I still couldn't get her to take her water shoes off to walk in it but maybe next time.
We got a snack of hummus and veggies. She loves hummus and used the carrot as her "hummus stick" to scoop it out. It took a few tries to get the hang of it. We dare not eat the actual carrot though! LOL

The cabana was so much fun! TV, misters, fridge, fruit, lounge chairs!
She was much better at it the next day.
Mom, leave me alone, I am trying to play!
Organizing everyone's shoes :)


She loves her guacamole! :) She ate most of this bowl herself. 

The next night at dinner, this kid was starving! All the fun in the sun worked up quite an appetite. She even tilted the bowl so she could get the last few pieces. She cracks me up!
12 Week Update!

How far along? 12 weeks
Maternity clothes? Some shorts and capri's. I haven't popped yet but the bloat belly is in full effect.
Stretch marks? No 
Sleep: Up 1-2 times a night to pee.
Best moment of the week: Our staycation. I really needed a break from the craziness of work.
Miss anything: No
Movement: Little bubble popping flutters, mostly at night before bed.
Food cravings: Not yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Little flutters make me feel a little queasy. No morning sickness though.
Gender: Unknown
Symptoms: Lower back pain, bloating, bloating, headaches here and there, TIRED!
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: No
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: We have two doctor appointments next week. Excited to see this little baby on ultrasound again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com