Tuesday, September 25, 2012

34 Week Update: Cobra Kai Baby, Hiccups

This has been a long week. Early in the week sleep was pretty much non-existent and I felt the worst I have ever felt in this pregnancy on Monday. My body ached from head to toe and it didn't matter if I was sitting, standing, laying down, or leaning, I just could not get comfortable. My ankles and calves were swollen and the heels of my feet hurt. I finally got fed up on Monday night and Marco went to the store and got me some Benadryl and a humidifier (love him!). My doctor had given me a list of acceptable medications earlier on and Benadryl is ok to take as a sleep aid. Hallelujah. I slept much better after that, the swelling and achiness went away and I felt much better. It's amazing how sleep can influence so many other things. I guess we have a glimpse into the future when we're sleep deprived after she comes.

We had two classes this week. Our last childbirth class was on Tuesday and we had a breastfeeding basics class on Wednesday. We ended up staying later than usual on Tuesday because we were talking with our nurse teacher. Her name is Ann and I just love her. We worked with dolls and she showed us how to change diapers and swaddle a newborn. Marco's doll had this undershirt on which totally looked like a gi (apparently it's what they provide for the baby in the hospital). He decided that it would be hilarious if he printed out a Cobra Kai logo and put it on the back of Gianna's undershirt and called her Johnny. So his doll has been referred to as "Cobra Kai Baby" ever since. He cracked himself (and me) up! I think he laughed so hard it hurt. :)


While doing my kick count one night this week I noticed that Gianna's movements were pretty consistent in the same spot in regular intervals. It took a second, but I realized she had the hiccups! This was the first (and only) time I have felt them. We heard her have hiccups on the doppler at a previous doctor appointment it wasn't strong enough for me to feel it. Marco came upstairs and was able to feel them, too. It was really cool. I could see my belly moving with them and now we know she is still head down. :)

Baby G's nursery is coming along. The wood floor is installed and looks amazing! We are so happy with how it turned out. It was worth the extra months of waiting (but I still hate that company). I am excited to begin setting up the room and getting things organized. We finished the painting over the weekend, cleaned everything, and got most of her furniture in the room. I am in nesting overload!  I can't believe I am due in six weeks. The belly has a life of its own. We were carpooling to work one day this week and I looked down at my belly and said, "I think she grew more overnight, I feel bigger today than I did yesterday." She is at the point where she is gaining half a pound per week so I guess that is normal. I am officially in the uncomfortable stage. For now, I am still loving her kicks and twists and punches and know I will miss them when she does come out.

I have our maternity pics back and they came out amazing. My scanner is down so I have not had a chance to get to Kinkos to scan them. It will happen...soon.  Here is the 34 week picture. I was so tired when this was taken so excuse the awful sleepy-eyed look on my face.


How far along? 34 weeks
Maternity clothes? I am running out of clothes that fit! :(
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Better with the humidifier and some Benadryl.
Best moment of the week: Seeing the wood floor installed.
Miss anything: Sleep.
Movement: They are quite strong now. Still no rib kicks but she hurts me other ways, lol. :)
Food cravings: Orange juice.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Braxton Hicks.
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: Pregnancy insomnia.
Belly button in or out: In- super flat like a pancake
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: Still getting Braxton Hicks but less this week. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Setting up the nursery. Maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com