Monday, August 27, 2012

30 Week Update, Starting the Nursery and 3D Ultrasound #2

How is it even possible that I am already 30 weeks...seven and a half months pregnant? It doesn't seem possible. This was an exciting week because the nursery finally got started. We are still waiting for the wood floor but were able to start on the rest of the room. We had crown moulding, a chair rail and bead board installed and it looks amazing. I'm really happy with it. We started paining this weekend and the main wall color is up. Next we'll paint the mouldings and the bead board. Then we'll have everything done and ready for the floor and baseboards, and it will be move in time. I have been staring at her beautiful nursery furniture, which has been just sitting disassembled in the loft, for months. I can not wait to put her crib together and get all the furniture in her room.

The wood floor is the bane of my existence at this point. The newest installment of the Wood Floor Saga is that the store we bought the wood from (Lumber Liquidators) was closed by the City of Henderson because somehow the store got severely damaged. When we called we were told that some palates fell over and crashed through a wall in their showroom, taking down their computers, phones, etc. WHAT?! So the City shut the store down until it was all fixed. They hope to reopen after the weekend. Seriously....you can't make this shit up.  In the mean time, we had been told to expect delivery of the wood around 8/22. Four delivery trucks had come in but they had no way of even knowing if our wood was on one of them because their computers were down. So our wood could just be sitting in a truck in North Las Vegas (probably getting warped in this heat because that would just be the cherry on top) or it could not be here at all. We are now going on 10 weeks late on this delivery...

So, I am trying to be patient. Oh, who am I kidding. I lost my patience like 8 weeks ago. I know there is "plenty of time" to get it done before she gets here, but when a company tells you something takes 4 weeks and it's now been almost 14 weeks, that is a tad ridiculous and I have just about had it. They are seriously impeding my nesting.  I can say that this is exactly why I don't wait until the last minute and why we ordered it so early...because shit happens. :)

We went for our 3D rescan at Miracle in Progress and Gianna was no longer breech! I was really excited. She slept through nearly the whole ultrasound with one or both of her hands (or the cord, or my placenta) over parts of her face so we didn't get a clear shot. It was better than the first time, though. Marco and I may go back one more time, later in the day when she is more active, and try again. Here are a few of the pics of our beautiful girl!




 


I was feeling nostalgic hitting 30 weeks, so here is a little look back on the first 3/4 bump milestones. Wow, this baby grows fast! I am carrying her like a basketball. She's all in front and sometimes she's lower and sometimes she's in the middle, but she's not usually very high.




How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: I decided at this point I will only weigh in at the doctor's office- I am seeing numbers that have never appeared on a scale for me before...  :) 
Maternity clothes? Yes but still some regular dresses and tops
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: It was better this week. The body pillow helps. 
Best moment of the week: Getting the nursery started!!! 3D ultrasound #2
Miss anything: Having energy. Every movement takes so much more energy. I've been super tired at the end of the day.
Movement: Her kick counts are super fast. We usually get 10 kicks within 2-3 minutes (if it takes that long). Her current record is 17 seconds.
Food cravings: I really needed a smoothie this week. My wonderful husband drove around until we found a smoothie place. We got our smoothies then saw that the smoothie place was right next to a pizza place. Then I needed a slice of pepperoni. Then I was happy. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the "inside kicking".
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: 
Belly button in or out: Still in.
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: Nope
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but have noticed my mood sway a little. I've read that the third trimester is just an ugly version of the first trimester. The first wasn't  bad so I am hoping for more smooth sailing. So far so good though. :) 
Looking forward to: Getting the wood floor. My baby shower in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com