Tuesday, May 29, 2012

17 Week Update!

This was such a fun week! We ordered Baby Girl's furniture! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO MY MOMMY who was so generous and bought her entire bedroom set, mattress and bedding (once I'm positive)! This is one lucky little girl!!!  I found bedding online that I fell in love with and ordered fabric samples so I can see what it will really look like in person. They should be here next week. It get's a little more real as each week passes. Once we have everything done in the nursery I will post pics. This won't happen for a while but just thinking about it pretty much makes me giddy. :) Thank you so much, mom! What a blessing. :)  Right now we are in "get things ready" mode. We are having ceiling fans installed, ordered the wood for the nursery floor and are busy busy around here.

There are so many fun things coming up in the next few weeks! My birthday is next week (and we will be going to our 18 week appointment on the same day), followed by our third wedding anniversary a few days later.  Then we are headed to Reno the weekend of June 8th for our Goddaughter, Stella's baptism. After that I leave for Dublin, Ireland on June 14th for an 11 day work trip. June is going to fly by!

17 Weeks already!
Having some fun at picture time. I'm always amazed at how much smaller my belly looks in the pics because it feels like I'm twice that size!

How far along? 17 weeks 
Total weight gain: About 8lbs
Maternity clothes? Maternity capri's from Motherhood Maternity are bomb! I got like 4 pairs in different colors and will probably rock these after she comes because they are so comfy! I have decided to go with maternity bottoms and regular tops for the most part. Marshalls is my new BFF and I pair the tops I get there with the capri's. Successful so far. The maternity tops make me feel like I'm wearing a parachute. The one I have on in this picture isn't too bad.
Stretch marks? Nope, still using my Mama Bee oil.
Sleep: Eh. Apparently it's overrated. :) Overall, not too bad though.
Best moment of the week: Feeling more and more flutters! I felt some at work this week while at my desk (one time). I usually only feel them at night when I lay down to go to bed.
Miss anything? I really wanted a glass a wine this week after a rough day at work. :(
Movement: Flutters but no real "kicks" yet. I think (hope) they are coming soon.
Food cravings: Still liking fruit but no real cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No but I've been lightheaded a few times. 
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: I sneeze. A lot. :)
Belly button in or out: In. 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: Not yet...and I am not ready to even think about this part.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, just tired. I think the tiredness has finally been lifting a little in the evenings. Instead of being a walking zombie at 8:30, I can make it until about 9-9:15 now.
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery together, getting everything installed, registering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com