Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, 6-20-11 First Day of Class, Indian Food and the London Eye!

Today started super early at 6am. Marco and I had a Skype day, which I apparently stood him up for! He thought it was 5:30am, I thought it was 6am. We were able to connect and talk for about 20 minutes. Billy was waiting at the airport for Marco to pick him up. It was a nice start to the day. :)

I went down to the cafeteria with everyone (except Annie, who overslept - good thing we knocked on everyone's door!) at 7:45am. We had sausage, eggs (hard boiled and fried), hash browns. I got some, then turned around and saw there was oatmeal and cereal- I'll be having that tomorrow. The milk has to be whole milk- it's so thick it may as well be paste. On second thought maybe I won't have cereal tomorrow. :/

We headed to the first day of class after breakfast at 8:10am. Jim and I walked the students and professors to the classroom. The International Business Law class meets first. It's taught by Dr. Richard Mason from UNR. All 11 students are in this class together from 8:15-10:15, then they split up and take either FIN 301 or MKT 456. Dr. Mason's class is very interesting. He asked the students if they could change one law what would it be and why. The answers were very interesting from helmet laws, to the war on drugs, to legal age for alcohol, etc. I think they will be very engaged in this class and Dr. Mason makes the subject matter interesting. He started with The Code of Hammurabi and tomorrow we will be headed to the British Library to see the Magna Carta. I also sat in the on the Finance class today (I will go to Marketing tomorrow). This course is taught by Dr. Thistle who is the chair of the finance department at UNLV. I have a feeling these students will be very busy...There was good discussion and all six students have a lot of reading to do tonight. :)




Once class was over at 12:30pm we decided to go to lunch and do some errands. We wandered in a direction that looked good and found a Barclays (ha!) for Annie and Mike to get some cash.





We were deciding where to go eat (Yu wanted the sit down Pizza Hut) and we stumbled upon this little Indian restaurant. It was SO GOOD! I got a lamb dish and I really liked it. We had a fun time. :)




After lunch we caught the Tube to the London Eye. It was really cool to see all the landmarks at once but I'm really looking forward to getting a close up look. It was huge! We got to watch a 4D movie before we went on it and that was cool. It shot bubbles and water at us and was windy and the seagulls nearly killed Annie- it was a close call. LOL! They take your picture when you are done and you have the option to but it for something ridiculous like 15 pounds...um, no thanks. So, instead I was sneaky and took a picture of our picture on the screen. :) They didn't like that.

We took the most packed Tube ride ever! We were packed in there like sardines, it was hot and there was no air conditioning. It's a good thing I am not claustrophobic because there was no way out of it. We made it back to the dorm just in time for dinner, which was gross. It was the first nearly inedible meal. We ate what we could because we didn't want to pay for a separate meal. I stayed up until almost 12:30am because I couldn't fall asleep. I uploaded the days pictures and emailed them out. I have to get up at 6:15-6:30 tomorrow so that should be interesting. We are off to the British Library after classes tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing the Magna Carta!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com