Wednesday, July 30, 2014

20 Months Old And So Much Fun!

I am really loving this age! Gianna is such a little sponge and I can not believe how quickly she picks things up. She is adding new words to her vocabulary daily and does so much on her own. She is such an independent girl and is so proud of herself when she tries something and gets it.

I have been tracking her language on my phone since she started speaking. It's nothing fancy, just in the Notes section. I keep a running list and at the end of the month I note how hold she is and how many cumulative words she is saying. I can not believe how quickly it's exploded! I have definitely missed some but I try to keep up as best I can. I think it's neat to see which words she's adding. She says over 100 words, uses 3-4 word sentences (when she wants to) and can hold mini conversations with us. It is so much fun to interact with her.

Hi, Mama, dada, woah, duh (down), nana, fish, art, cracker, baby "hi mama", uh-oh, this, bye-bye
(14 words, 15 months old)

More, eyes, nose, up, I sit, Car, "bye-bye dada", no, bus, Elmo, my nana, book, apple, banana, clean up, row row, go go go, oh no,
(34 words, 18 months old)

bow, shoes, achoo, bubbles, more ____, beep, swish, hot, duckie, watch, choo-choo, chair, owie, bike, truck, pee pee, stuck, trash, chugga-chugga, ummies, happy, hat, heart, help, stuck, pretty, up down, run, ice, jump, wash, blue, purple, cookie, sock, dough, hot, pouch, truck (73 words, 19 months old)

Outside, backpack, pink, yellow, home, eat, milk, push, remote, juice, tight, ice, bread, rain, boobies, hand, pull, back, shade, black, white, (94 words, 20 months old)

Airplane, again, green, orange, cook, peas, house, home, open, please, blank(et), two, closed, jump, hug, boom, toys, knock, purse, red, poopies, wow, toes, teeth, (21 months on 8/5/14, ?? Words)

We have little conversations in the car during our rides to school/work. These are some of my favorites:

G: Owie!
Me: Do you have an owie?
G: Yeah
Me: Where is it?
G: Knee (it's always her "knee")
Me: Do you need some kisses to make it feel better?
G: Yeah (if Marco is in the car she tells us who she wants the kisses from)
Me: (blows kisses) Is that better?
G: Yeah, all gone.

Gianna takes her shoes off and can not reach them. She exclaims, "Mama! Uh-oh, my shoe!" Then repeats, "Mommy, help!" even though I can't stop driving to get her shoe. :)

When she was in her infant seat she liked to hold my hand. I can't reach her in the convertible seat so she just cries, "Mommy, hand!" :(

I love that she asks for hugs now. I tell her to use her arms and hug "tight tight". So now, she gives hugs and says "tight tight" when she hugs you. They're the best.

She also loves the World Market building off the 95 (I have no idea why) but everyday when we pass it, it's quite the momentous occasion. She always says, "WOW" with such wonder then gets upset when we've passed it and she can't see it anymore. Then we say, "bye-bye, big building" ("building" sounds more like wa-wa for some reason).

Some other new developments in the last month or so are that Gianna has learned 8-9 colors. She can identify them by name and by pointing. It's so cute to hear her little voice. She loves her big book of colors and all the fun pictures in it. Even from when this video was taken (about a week ago) she says "yellow" the right way now. It's so fast! She also cracks me up when she chooses the wrong object on purpose. She plays her own game. LOL! 



She also has a blast playing the color game with daddy in her ball pit.


I think she is getting close to counting, too. She knows what numbers come "after". I will say, "one" and she shouts, "two", all the way to ten. She is also doing great with plurals. For example she knows that there are two shoes, two Elmo's, etc. If I show her one and ask what it is, she changes back to the singular. 

Overall, I am just loving everything about this age. I love that I can not keep up with her word list and she adds new ones daily. I love that she has the best little personality and is just blossoming into the sweetest little girl. I think we will be diving into the world of potty training soon, too so that will be quite the adventure! Wish us luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com