Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gianna's Nursery: The Finished Product!

Welcome to Gianna's nursery! This room was a labor of love. We had a lot of help and I think we got it just right. I had this idea in my mind and it really came alive. It all centered around her bedding, which was the first thing we got and I fell in love with it the second I saw it. A lot of this came together under the "I'll know it when I see it" principle. It's a room she can grow with. The crib turns to a toddler, then full size bed. I can't wait for Gianna to get here so I can sit with her in the rocker. I spend a lot of time there. :)
No pics in the frames yet but they are there in the pics below.

I wanted it to have a vintage feel, not too much pink, but still very girly!

It was kind of hard to get good pics of the wall decal of her name in this light. It is gold and the same color as the "You Are My Sunshine" decal in the next pic.

No pics in the frames by the closet yet. You can see her chandelier night-light in this pic though!
The beautiful changing table that was redone by my friend Tiffany, and her husband, Jeff!
Most of the items on these shelves came from my childhood room.

I LOVE her bedding!!! The bear is from my BFF Jillian. The yellow doll is Ken (I named him) and he was my first baby doll. And the Puffalump was from when I was little too.


This flower vase is also a lamp. The music box was from my dad- I had a thing for unicorns back in the day.
Ta da!

I love this night-light! We went with a ceiling fan instead of a chandelier so this is how I got one anyway. :)
It was super important to me to have a picture of my dad in her room. This is him and I on the day I was born.
The snow globe is from one of my students. It says "Welcome to the World, Gianna Lucia Angioni" and plays The Lord is My Shepherd.
I can't wait to bring her home!!!
Her ridiculous closet. :)

I stenciled the damask pattern in the closet, too. I was practicing for the wall but it came out super cute!

Her "special" books. :)  I made the flower arrangement in the middle.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Guess we expect to see the next bunch of pictures WITH Gianna!! Hang in there kid! Love VB & Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Room! I remember Puffalump & Ken from your childhood.
    We can't wait to welcome the next member of our family! With all my love, Aunt Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get that wall decal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter. I had it made on Etsy.com.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com