Tuesday, September 11, 2012

32 Week Update: My Baby Shower!

It's baby shower time!! It felt very strange to be far enough along in this pregnancy to be able to have a baby shower. It really is flying by! The shower was hosted by my mom and mother-in-law and they made it so special! They did everything from the decorations to the food, good wishes and favors. It was perfect. :)

We had about 35 people join us at my mom's house on Saturday. The generosity of our family and friends was overwhelming. I swear it took over two hours to open everything. Gianna is a very lucky little girl and is so loved! Marco and I are very blessed to have you all in our lives.

I didn't know it at the time, but my mom literally furnished Gianna's wardrobe for an entire year! Those brown and cream boxes contained more baby clothes than Babies R Us!
Before all the food came (and there was SO much food!)

Advice for the new parents and wishes for Gianna!
Giving advice to the new parents
Our family and friends are incredibly generous!
The yummy cupcakes my mother-in-law made!
My mommy and I!

The lovely hostesses and I! Thank you for such a beautiful shower!!!
Mande and I




So much cute stuff!
Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?! Thanks, Samantha!
Love the diaper cake, Marissa!
So many generous gifts!
Thank you, Nonna!
"Firsts" for Gianna!
Grandma had a book made for Gianna. It was very special! I can't wait to read it to her.
My godmother, Aunt Gale, made Marco this adorable scrapbook to keep track of all his "daddy firsts"

He loved it!
With Zia Nannina! Gianna can't wait to meet you :)
The cute cookie favors made by Linda
Putting daddy to work already!
The house is starting to be "baby-fied"

We also started our childbirth classes at Summerlin Hospital. Our nurse teacher is very nice. There are only two other couples in the class so it's nice to be in such a small group. We have another doctor appointment coming up next week. My fluid looked a little cloudy at the last 3D ultrasound so we'll see if they send me for a medical ultrasound to check it out. I am anxious to know if she is still breech. (You would think I'd be able to tell but I can't figure out which end is up with her!)

In other exciting news, I have a new baby cousin!!! My cousin Christy gave birth to her son, Zachary Kenneth over the weekend! He is beautiful and I can not wait to meet him. He came about 5 weeks early but is perfectly healthy and both mom and baby are doing great. It makes me feel the urge to pack my hospital bag immediately. :)

THE WOOD IS HERE!!!! Those are four little words I never thought I'd hear in the same sentence. We picked it up and it is "breathing" in the living room. It will be installed this coming weekend and I could not be more excited!

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain:
Maternity clothes? Yes but still some regular dresses and tops.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: What is that?
Best moment of the week: My baby shower!
Miss anything: Sleep.
Movement: She is nocturnal. :) 
Food cravings: None this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think the "inside kicking" is actually Braxton Hicks.
Gender: Girl!
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions have started. I noticed that every time I felt queezy my belly would also get super tight. Turns out that contractions make me feel sick and these aren't even the real ones yet... 
Belly button in or out: In- super flat like a pancake
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: Nope, just Braxton Hicks which are normal at 32 weeks (as long as I am not having more than 4 in an hour).
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Getting the wood installed this coming weekend and putting the nursery together! Unpacking all our gifts and going through them again with Marco.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com