Friday, March 30, 2012

Never A Dull Moment

Last Wednesday was a rough day. It started off completely normal and I felt really good. Lunch time rolled around and everything changed.

It was really windy that day and I walked across the street to Cafe Rio with my co-workers to grab some lunch. While we were walking over I started to feel funny, kind of like my head was foggy. I was having a hard time organizing my thoughts. We were standing in line waiting to order and all of a sudden I couldn't speak correctly and my right hand went completely numb. It was so bizarre. I knew what I wanted to say, but the words came out slurred and sounding like gobbledegook. We laughed about it at first and I was like, "OMG, you guys I can't spit it out today!" Then it happened more and I started to get scared.

We got our food and sat down. I didn't talk much during lunch because I was afraid to. My head felt jumbled. We walked back to the office and it happened a few more times. I could not, for the life of me, recall the word 'grass'. As soon as I got back to my office I called the nurse line. My vision was fuzzy when looking at the computer screen and it felt like I was about to get hit by the migraine train.  The nurse asked me a few questions, one of which was if I knew what TIA was.  I had no idea. Turns out TIA is Transient Ischemic Attack and is basically a mini-stroke. The nurse recommended I go immediately to the ER and if I couldn't get someone to drive me, call 911. I called Marco and he was out of his office so fast! He picked me up and we headed to Desert Springs Hospital, right down the street from UNLV.

Sad face while waiting for them to take more blood in the ER
We waited there for 6 hours. They took urine to confirm I was pregnant (OMG, I AM PREGS, I PROMISE!) The nurse announced my results to the whole waiting room, which I normally would have been completely annoyed about but found it kind of ironic that a whole waiting room of strangers now knew my secret when so many people close to us still didn't know... Once it was confirmed they cancelled the CT scan they ordered. They took 7 more viles of blood (to do the blood typing, etc which has already been done twice already) The doctor said that because I had a history of migraines and no history of clotting issues, I'm in good health, young, etc that it was more likely that this was an Atypical (or Complicated) Migraine. It was so scary. About a year ago there was a news reporter in LA who had the same thing happen to her (live on air). You can see it here. It was hard for me to watch because you can see the panic in her eyes and that is how I felt.  There was nothing they could do for me, I got some Tylenol and orders to take it easy and rest over the next few days. He wrote me a doctors note for four days. I thought that was silly until I realized how crappy I felt over the next few days.

We got home late, around 10pm and I was absolutely exhausted. My head literally pounded for the next two days. The headache didn't go away until Saturday. I slept for most of Thursday and Friday. I think I was so stressed out and that wasn't helping anything. On Friday, I was spotting red blood (not the brown its been) and so I just took it as easy as possible over the weekend. Friday was 9 weeks!

How far along? 9 weeks 
Total weight gain: One pound (it's literally all in my boobs)
Maternity clothes? No
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Good, except for Bella waking me up. That's getting old pretty quick since I'm pretty tired by the end of the day.
Best moment of the week: Getting another positive pregnancy test (even though it was at the ER)
Miss anything? Nope
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: I really wanted to eat a bologna sandwich every day this week...I came close. Delicious! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Gender: Who knows?!
Symptoms: Perma-bloat. By the late afternoon/early evening I have a nice sized belly happening. Then it's back down to normal in the morning.
Belly button in or out: In 
Wedding rings on or off: On 
Labor Signs: No 
Happy or moody most of the time:  I was more moody this week but there was a lot going on. 
Looking forward to: Our first OB appointment is this Wednesday and we'll get an ultrasound!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com