Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Car for PIPSQUK

The Angioni's are SUV owners again! Well, we're 'leasers' this time around but it's all the same. :) We got a new Nissan Murano SL and I absolutely love it.
I really missed having an SUV. Maybe it's because I'm short and like being up high. Who knows, but I do like the big feeling. We wanted a nice family vehicle and this is perfect. It has so many cool features and gadgets. Here are some of my favorites:

The power liftgate in the back

The heated steering wheel (which I thought was useless until I used it)

The double moon-roof

Memory seats- driver 1 and driver 2

The rear-view camera

Ok, so it actually has a TON of things that are my favorite! It's the first time I've had leather seats, too. We'll see how that goes in the summer but I'm sure it will be fine. It would be cool if the steering wheel had a cold setting too...I digress.

Every time I have had to register my car, Marco asks if I am going to get rid of my vanity license plate, "PIPSQUK". I have had this plate since the beginning of college and I like it. I understand that it is not very manly for when Marco drives my car, but hey, that's why it's my car, right?!

Back in June 2010 there was a reporter going through the parking lot at UNLV and she saw my car (my Altima at the time). She left a business card on the window with a note that said she was doing a story and would like to talk to me about my license plate. April Corbin published her story in the Las Vegas Weekly and you can read it here. Needless to say, we're famous now. :)

So, when we got this new SUV a few weeks ago, one of Marco's first questions was about the license plate. I thought about it and decided that maybe I would get a UNLV plate instead. I even checked on the DMV website and the UNLV plate with "PSQEK" was available, as was "PPSQK". Oh dear. So we went last Saturday to the DMV on North Decatur and I still had not made a firm decision. There was no wait time at all. We literally walked in, got our number and there were only about ten people in front of us. No time to decide!!! I seriously had anxiety about this. I'm weird, I know.

So we got to the ticket counter and the lady asks me if I am going to surrender my plate or keep it. I panicked for a quick second then said, "Keep it". I turned to Marco and smiled. I said, "Maybe next year I will change it." Famous last words, I'm sure.








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com